Pontoon boats are a popular option for many people but, until now, cleaning and protecting the actual metal pontoons was a challenge for most owners.
Glidecoat Pontoon is a hybrid sol-gel coating that molecularly bonds to the surface. It is meant to be applied directly to metal (iron alloy, galvanized steel, phosphate steel, stainless steel, and aluminum). As a direct-metal sol-gel-based anti-corrosion coating, Glidecoat Pontoon can also be used as a micrometer-thin primer under conventional organic coatings. This means it can be overcoated by various paints, though it fits best with epoxy primer and polyurethane topcoat systems.
Long-lasting and easy to apply, Glidecoat Pontoon ceramic coating is an excellent choice to keep your pontoon boat looking great for years!
- Over 2000 hours of resistance to damage caused by sunlight, rain, and dew – Results from QUV Accelerated Weather Testing
- Over 1000 hours of salt-spray resistance – Tested using Neutral Salt Spray (NSS) using ISO 9227 standards testing.
- Over 1000 hours of weather resistance – SAE J2304 standards testing.
- Creates a hydrophobic surface with a water contact angle of 90 degrees (CAH20=90).
- Provides superior protection – 4-5H Hardness equal to that of Steel
- Good overcoat ability with Epoxies
- Our products offer superior protection compared to traditional wax, making maintenance a breeze, and allowing you to enjoy all of the fun that goes with owning a boat with less time spent cleaning.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS SUPPLIED WITH ALL GLIDECOAT PRODUCTS